Saturday, January 13, 2007

Popular NFL Merchandise

The National Football League is an American icon. This is reflected in the many products available to football fans. I live in Pittsburgh, and we love our football team. One of the NFL items that are unique to Steelers fans is the Terrible Towel. This football icon is a treasured symbol of Steelers fans’ loyalty and devotion.

Other NFL items are circulating and many of the products are ingenious. A personal favorite among the NFL items available is the personalized jersey. The personalized jersey is a popular gift because it is a great item to show that you are a true fan. I bought my husband a jersey with his name on the back and the number ’68 for the year he was born. He wears this jersey during each and every football game he watches. It seems to have brought good luck for our team.

NFL items like the personalized jersey can be found in catalogues or online. I am thinking about decorating our game room with other football products that I find online. Manufactures of the NFL items offer amazing objects and conversation pieces. Some of the products are useful as well. I have my eye on a stained glass lamp that bears the Steelers’ colors and logo.

Decorating a room with NFL items may seem a little extreme, but I love the black and gold color scheme and the objects are of such good quality and excellent design that I really can’t pass them up. Some of the NFL items include pillows, artwork and comfortable throws for the couch. I even have money put away for a Steelers fireplace screen. Of the things I have come across, this one is my favorite.

For those who like a good snack, NFL items can be found that carry munchies. One of our favorite football things to buy as a gift is the popcorn tin. The popcorn is available in a number of flavors and the tin can be used as a container after the popcorn is gone. One of our local bakeries bakes special sports cakes and cookies all year long. Sometimes you have to order these edible
NFL items weeks in advance, but they’re worth the wait.

I do like the more unusual football products, like the Steelers’ doorknocker or the Ultimate Fan Mailbox. With the many choices available for sports fans, we will have a regular Steelers football game room filled with interesting NFL items that represent our favorite team.

No comments: